I believe this is a very important topic. As a previous venue owner and the founder of two festivals I have heard so many horrible stories, like venue owners not paying performers. Charging performers for basics like water (this one just blows me a way - charging for water, what the hell is that all about) Showing up at a gig after traveling hours or even days only to find out there is no gig. So lets help one another out.
1. Name one or many places that you have performed at either as a band or solo.
2. Venue Name and contact info; person in charge email phone etc;
3. Rate the venue 1 being worst 10 being best
4. Describe your experience
6. What do they offer to performers - pay, meals, lodging etc.
7. Type of venue and type of music this place allows
This will help other performers know what venues to play at and which ones to stay away from.
Please let me know if you all have any questions.
peace love and revolution
This group does not have any discussions yet.